- Pioneered the concept of modern talk radio programming.
- Replaced syndicated network headliner Rush Limbaugh with live local talk and boosted that segment’s audience share by 400%.
- Created the largest audience active response at the State Capital in state history www.millscrenshaw.com
- Lifted the station from marginal ratings to the number two AM station in the market.
- Negotiated the LMA, and recruited the team that launched the only 24 hour, live, local talk radio station west of the Mississippi.
- Worked closely with sales staff to create enthusiastic repeat advertisers.
- Developed an extraordinary ability to sell on air; often resulting in buyers entering an advertiser’s place of business only minutes after an ad airs asking the owner for the item being advertised.
- Cultivated the ability to “listen” to the callers as well as “talk.” A trait that separates professional Talk Show Hosts from “wanna-bees.”
- Combines creative marketing concepts with superior on-air skills.
- Prime Time Radio Talk Show Host. KTKK (K-TALK) Radio, Salt Lake City, Utah. Helped perfect the concept of Live, Local, talk radio. Won the largest, and most loyal and dedicated talk show audience in the market. Outsold advertising compared to the next closest host by more than two to one.
- Talk Show Host/Program Director. KCNR Radio, Salt Lake City, Utah. Formulated a new, all talk format; recruited and trained the new team and consistently lead all day parts.
- Station Manager/ Talk Show Host. KWUN (Radio One), Salt Lake City, Utah. Presided over the construction of a state of the art, AM station from the bare walls to a successful launch. Created the trade style, “Radio One.” Captured the majority of live, local talk show listeners in the 38th largest market in the US.
- Created an innovative new marketing plan that utilized existing lending programs; negotiated $38 Million in construction projects with that marketing plan.
- Produced a low cost and highly effective series of radio ads for lead development that generated more than $14 Million in sales.
- Restructured the national marketing effort for a California based POS software development company; increased sales by 275%.
- Developed channel marketing tools for Gateway, Insight and BlueStar as well as all the client’s national resellers, more than doubling market penetration.
- Designed the marketing content of the corporate website. As a result, on-line lead generation more than tripled.
- Entrusted with responsibility for all corporate communications encompassing a broad spectrum including copy, packaging, trade shows and press releases. Both sales and industry recognition increased significantly.
- Clear insight into marketing strategies that sell and marketing materials that motivate prospective clients to inquire further. Hands-on expertise in major media including radio, TV, print and Internet.
- Have developed the skill to learn the essentials and speak the language of virtually any industry in a matter of weeks.
- The combination of executive and broadcasting experience has resulted in highly effective people skills.
- A relaxed skill at big ticket negotiations and sales resulting in $ Multi-Millions in sales
- V.P. Marketing. Castle Stone Homes, Inc., Salt Lake City, Utah. Designed the entire marketing plan for this Start-up General Contracting Company. Developed the lead generation program and closed the sales on sixty-eight high end homes in the company’s first quarter.
- V.P. Marketing. COMCASH, New Port Beach, California. Restructured the national marketing effort of this Point of Sale software development company. Managed a $250,000 web advertising campaign that positioned COMCASH first in the industry listings. Worked closely with the sales staff to develop highly successful vertical market strategies.
- Director of Marketing. Mabile and Associates, New Port Beach, California. Generated $26 Million in sales over a three year period. The firm acted as consultants to CPAs and accountants.
- Bachelor of Science, Marketing/Motivational Psychology, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah.
Honors and Awards
- Inducted into the International Kenpo Karate Hall of Fame as a Charter Member. Elevated to the rank of Ninth Degree Black Belt in Kenpo Karate.
- National Association of Radio Talk Show Hosts (NARTSH); elected as one of five National Vice Presidents.